- install Git on your computer (Tutorial@git-scm.com, Tutorial@github)
- configure git for github, see
git config --global user.name "Your Name Here"
git config --global user.email "Your mail here"
- install Java SDK on your computer (Java 1.6 tested)
- install Eclipse JEE (tested Versions: "Indigo 3.7", "Juno 4.2")
- alternatively use IntelliJ IDEA, Oregami has on open source license key for it
I also suggest you use some kind of "Git client" to see which files are changed/staged and to compare files.
Here are some tool suggestions:
There is also a Git plugin for Eclipse called EGit, but I prefer using Git on the command line and GitX or something similar outside of Eclipse.